A reported road rage incident and hit-and-run escalated into a five-car accident in Lincoln Park. The incident started when a driver in a white Ford Explorer threw items including a glass bottle at another vehicle, a van, when stopped at a traffic light. Then, the Ford Explorer followed the van and rammed into it, pushing it into an intersection where it was hit by another vehicle. The van overturned and landed on another vehicle and that vehicle was then hit by yet another car. The driver of the Ford Explorer who caused the entire accident fled the scene. The accident occurred on S. 47th St. and Logan Ave. Only minor injuries were reported.

Road Rage is a Serious Concern
Incidents of road rage have been on the rise. These situations can lead to accidents and as in this case, they often involve unrelated parties. In this instance, the driver who initiated the problem sped off and left the scene. The other vehicles and drivers remained on the scene while police conducted an investigation. The police continue to pursue the driver and when apprehended, he could face a number of charges including leaving the scene of an accident with injuries.

Drivers and others who suffered damages in the accident may wish to take legal action against the hit and run driver after he is located. Damages may include money for medical bills, rehabilitative therapy, and future medical care. Additionally, the victims may be owed compensation for pain and suffering and lost wages, among other things.

What to do After a Hit and Run Accident
If you were the victim of a hit and run accident, there are some things you should do. First, call the police immediately to report the incident and do not leave the scene of the crash. The police will make a report and take statements from you as well as any witnesses to the accident. When possible, take photos of the scene at the time of the crash, showing the damage to your vehicle and the area where the wreck happened. If you have suffered an injury in any way, seek medical treatment immediately.

Contact an attorney if you were hurt in the crash. Your lawyer will help you talk to the insurance company and will ensure that your rights are protected. Sometimes a serious accident requires reconstruction to determine the exact way that the crash occurred. Do not speak to the insurance company until you talk to your attorney. It is important to note that the insurance representative may offer you a check, but be careful not to accept it if it is not adequate to cover your expenses.

Instead, count on the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you in taking legal action to obtain the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one were injured in a hit-and-run accident, you need help from a qualified legal team. Call the Law Office of Patrick G. Shea to discuss the details of your accident and learn how you can attain the money you need.

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.

Website by